NEW! TelePrimary Care Certificate Course
Telehealth has expanded exponentially across the health care continuum and, as a care delivery mechanism, has profound adaptability to diverse technology modalities, business models, specialties, disciplines and locations. When the patient is at the center of its implementation and use in a clinical workflow, the benefits of telehealth create connectedness while optimizing health care resource.
Launched by the American Board of Telehealth, the TelePrimary Care Certificate Program is an online certificate engaging the primary care professional in a focused curriculum designed to give telepractice knowledge and skills to meet demand for providing excellent patient care via remote services. Content focuses not only on clinical application such as physical examination, but also on operational considerations to create a telehealth workflow that supports productivity while maintaining a high standard of care.
Who should attend:
- Training for individuals: Primary care professionals interested in or currently practicing telehealth including physicians, advanced practice providers, psychologists, nurses, clinical social workers, resident physicians, and administration.
- Training for groups: Health care organizations and educational institutions can train as a team and save.
Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites required.
If you are looking for foundational telehealth curriculum across a broad spectrum of service areas, consider taking ABT’s CORE Concepts in Telehealth Certificate Program first.
- Online, self-paced program offering flexibility to the learner
- Interactive content including video and case scenarios
- Integrated examples and useful resource documents
- Dr. Salim Saiyed, MD, UPMC Pinnacle
- Dr. Steven Spencer, MD, MPH, FACP, Onslow Memorial Hospital
- Dr. Jason Knutson, DO, Avera Medical Group
TelePrimary Care Certificate training is a self-guided program that will create a knowledge in specific telemedicine. Modules included within the program include:
- Introduction, Barriers and Opportunity of TelePrimary Care
- Operations, Workflow and Productivity in the Ambulatory Setting
- Legal, Regulatory & Ethical Considerations
- Clinical Application, Physical Examination, and Documentation via a Remote Medium
Estimated completion time: 6 hours